Monday, October 10, 2011

Simple and Easy Wall Art

This is a great way to use an old poster, artwork, or in my case an old map, for a great inexpensive piece of wall art. I had found this old map in the back of my closet which I acquired in Berkeley awhile ago. I decided to put it up in my office as a fun piece of artwork. The print is an old world map in an antique style and goes perfectly in my office.

Step One: Go to the craft store and pick up four cheap canvases from the paint section.

Step Two: Measure and cut the map into four equal pieces.

Step Three: Take each section of the map and wrap it around the canvas and with a staple gun, staple the map to the back of the canvas along the edge.

Step Four: Hang all four sections on the wall so that the image is in the correct order!

Make sure to arrange the image so that is recreates the original map.
Items you will need:
Image (map, poster, artwork)
4 canvases
staple gun
scissors
ruler or measuring stick

No comments:

Post a Comment