Monday, October 10, 2011

I Love Paper! Making Your Own Cards

It is a known fact that I love paper - I love buying different prints, thicknesses (weights), and colors. More so, I love making cards for my friends and family for special occasions. For the past couple years I have made my own Christmas cards. For this particular card, I had a wedding coming up and decided to make a card to match the colors of their wedding - blue and black. I thought that this would add a special quality to the card and make the couple feel extra special. Using cardstock and some embellishments, cards can be made in a matter of minutes and make a big impact!

This card was made to match the colors of my friend's wedding.

Finished card with envelope and embellishment on the front.

Step One: Find an envelope that you would like to use.

Step Two: Select a piece of cardstock and measure the envelope to know how large the card should be.

Step Three: Cut your piece of cardstock to the size measured.

Step Four: Find the middle of the card and make a crease.

Step Five: Start embellishing!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment